Develop Your Leadership Skills for Our Community
Traverse Connect’s Community Mentoring program is returning in February 2024.
• This is a four-month cohort-based program, with an expectation that nine meetings between the mentor and the mentee will take place during that time period.
• Mentees will be matched 1:1 with participants using a strengths-based model.
Here are the details of the program:
The cost for this program is $800.00 and includes:
• Two, 3-hour luncheon workshops on February 7, 2024 and June 19, 2024
• Eight or nine, 1.5-hour meetings with your assigned mentor over a four-month time frame
• Although this is a volunteer opportunity for mentors, proceeds from tuition will cover the cost of the program and will be utilized for future leadership development programming offered by Traverse Connect
• In-person attendance is required for both opening and closing events:
- Opening Retreat: Wednesday, February 7, 2024
- Closing Celebration: Wednesday, June 19, 2024
Observations from Mentors and Mentees
Traverse Bay Children’s Advocacy Center
“I’m incredibly grateful for the mentors I’ve had throughout my life and I’d love to be able to support a peer in their personal and professional growth. We can inspire each other to be stronger leaders in and outside of the workplace.”
Mawby Sparkling Wines
“I strongly recommend the Community Mentoring program through Traverse Connect. I went through as a mentee this year and definitely gained some insight, as well as the confidence, to move forward in some of the areas where I felt like I was struggling a little bit as a leader in our business.”
“Giving back to the community is very important to me, and one of my favorite things to do is help others reach their full potential. The Traverse Connect Community Mentoring program is an ideal opportunity to give back to the community and leverage my experience to grow our community leaders.”
“I learned a very valuable lesson once again through this program, which is really that you get what you give. This was a great example of that. I highly recommend this for anybody in the area who is looking to in fact get what they give and also anyone who’s looking to accelerate their development and their career. It’s been a great experience and thank you to Traverse Connect.”